STA 260: Probability and Statistics II
University of Toronto Mississauga,
Min. 1st Qu. Median Mean 3rd Qu. Max.
2.00 34.00 50.00 49.71 64.00 96.00
- Test 1
- Test 2
- Exam Practice 1
- Exam Practice 2
- Assignment One: Mostly review. For Quiz 1 (Week of Jan. 13) and Term Test 1.
- Assignment Two: Unbiased estimation and consistent estimation. For Quiz 2 (Week of Jan. 20) and Term Test 1.
- Assignment Three: Confidence intervals, Part 1. For Quiz 3 (Week of Jan. 27) and Term Test 1.
- Assignment Four: Confidence intervals, Part 2. For Quiz 4 (Week of Feb. 10) and Term Test 2.
- Assignment Five: Method of Moments, Least Squares and Maximum Likelihood. For Quiz 5 (Week of Feb. 24) and Term Test 2.
- Assignment Six: Hypothesis Testing Part One. For Quiz 6 (Week of March 2) and Term Test 2.
- Assignment Seven: Hypothesis Testing Part One, continued. For Quiz 7 (Week of March 16) and the final exam.
- Assignment Eight: Hypothesis Testing Part Two: Likelihood Ratio Tests. For the final exam.
- Assignment Nine: Bayesian Statistics. For the final exam.
- Assignment Ten: Sufficient statistics, Cramer-Rao lower bound, CLT for MLE. For the final exam.
- Unbiased estimation and consistent estimation
- Confidence intervals: Part 1
- Confidence intervals: Part 2 (Based on random samplng from a normal distribution)
- Method of Moments and Least Squares Estimation
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation Part One
- Hypothesis Testing Part One
- Hypothesis Testing Part Two: Likelihood Ratio Tests
- Bayesian Statistics
- Lecture 19: Tuesday March 24
- Lecture 20: Wednesday March 25
- Using R as a calculator (on the final exam)
- Lecture 21: Saturday March 28
- Optimal Frequentist Estimation (Sufficiency and minimum variance)
- Chapter from an old book.
Probability and Statistics: The Science of Uncertainty
(2nd edition) by Evans and Rosenthal.
All course materials prepared by Jerry are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Links to the source code appear above, except for the videos of course.